Monday, August 17, 2015

Persuasive Writing - Term 3 Week 2


WALT persuade other students to agree with our opinion.  This the purpose for my writing.
Success Criteria:
  1. I plan for a writing task
  2. I write a variety of sentence lengths
  3. I with different sentence starters
  4. Give reasons with detail - use specific words
  5. I write most topic and high frequency words correctly.
  6. Use persuasive language
  7. I use capital letters, fullstops, question marks and exclamation marks correctly.

City life is better than country life

I believe that city life is better than country life.

There are three main reasons to support my argument

First, In the county it is harder to raise a baby than in the city because you have to buy all the baby's things like a cot and a milk bottle and normally country people are poor.

Another reason is in the city the shops are just around the corner but in the country you have to drive all the way to the city to get your food and it uses a lot of petrol so it uses a lot of your money, it’s better off living in the city.

Finally in a bigger school you can have more opportunities to play sport for your school than in smaller schools, they have less opportunities to play sport for your school.

Therefore I strongly believe city life is better than country life.



       

1 comment:

  1. Those are very interesting arguments to support your idea Teague. There are many different reasons for living in the city and living in the country - I hope you like living in the city!

    ReplyDelete