Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Vocabulary

I have been working on vocabulary word because it was one of my leaning tarsk. I know I have to use clues to work out what words mean. The clues are in the text and sometimes in the word. I lernt that it that every fore(four) years the moon goes in front of the sun making it the not be abale(able) to see earth making the earth dark.
This is my vocabulary
 I have been using vocabulary in my writing as well and that's why I'm showing you my writing.
The Great water slide
I was at the biggest baddest water slide ever and it’s name was the slide of Life and Death. In a normal theme park many people have died on the slide but many have survived.  If you survive you can’t tell the tale of what it was like. It was going to be my turn soon, finally it was my turn I felt so scared I would go back down, but the rules where you can’t go back. Finally it was my turn, nervously shoving myself off I started to zoom down the slide with great speed going faster and faster down the slide. I thought I saw the end of the slide but it was a jump I screamed like a little girl. Thinking that I would die my heart was beating as fast as a cheater I lay down on my back trying to go faster, then I leaped off the air like a hawk soaring through the sky with great speed. Still screaming like a little girl I landed with a thump!. All my screams turned into a very loud ouch! My bottom didn't get hurt because it was two inches thick. You might think it’s the end but it’s not, still on the slide it was time for the two meter drop. With a splash in the shape of a bomb. Hitting the water surface I started to go as fast as I could I swam to the side of the two meter deep pool and I shouted out loud “Again”!

Now I want to share with you five vocabulary words in my writing:Zoom,Soaring,Thump,splash and nervously.


2 comments:

  1. Wow what awesome work Teague, I love how many new words you have learnt! Your story makes me want to try out a slide like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your story very much and I could just imagine you going down the slide fast!!! The use of your descriptive words made the story seem very real. I look forward to the next story you write

    ReplyDelete