Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Persuasive writing - Term 3 Week 4

WALT persuade other students to agree with our opinion.  This the purpose for my writing.
Success Criteria:
  1. I plan for a writing task
  2. I write a variety of sentence lengths with different sentence starters
  3. Give reasons with detail - use specific words
  4. I write most topic and high frequency words correctly.
  5. I use capital letters, fullstops, question marks and exclamation marks correctly.
  6. Use persuasive language



We should have fewer days at school

I strongly believe that we should have fewer days at school.

In my opinion we should have fewer days at school because it will benefit students, teachers and parents.  Kids want to have more fun, for example kids can learn a new hobby.  Sometimes we can remember more if we have fun while we are learning.

Another point is teachers would value time away from students, so they can think about ideas and topics that they can teach their students. Evidence shows it’s good that teachers learn as well as them teaching.

Finally both adults enjoy spending time with their children, parents could take their children farther away for a long weekend, for example going on a trip like to Auckland and going to the sky tower, Rangitoto and ice skating.

Therefore I think that fewer days of school would benefit students, teachers and parents.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work...well done Teague for achieving your goal of capital letters etc. You have some really good persuasive language sentence starters for each main point. Next time - more detail would help convince the reader even more about what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you set out your paragraphs with different ideas Teague

    ReplyDelete