Monday, June 6, 2016

Bread writing

Procedural writing.
WALT write instructions for the reader to follow
Success Criteria
Give an explanation about how the instructions will help you (introduction)
Write an equipment or ingredients list
Begin each instruction with a verb (an action word)
Use specific vocabulary
Order instructions so they are easy to follow

Introduction:
One day I got very hungry because my fat grandma ate all the bread so I made my own for me.
Did you know that in the old days the people used to use a scythe and a sickle. Also, did you know that bread is very healthy because of all the vitamins and minerals in it. Did you know that there are many different types of bread in different countries?
Ingredients
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tsp oil
Half  cup warm not hot water
1 third of cup of flour
1 tsp yeast

Method
Grab a bowl and carefully place the white sugar, yeast and flour and stir until it looks like flour again.
Pour in the oil and warm not hot water and stir.
Knead for approximately 1 and a half minutes.
Shape the dough into what you want.
Leave for 30 minutes to rise under a towel.
Wrap the dough in baking paper and place it in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.


I am proud of my self because I got this writing to show the reader how to make bread mostly when I got to the verbs.
The thing that challenged me the most was the verbs because I didn't know what to do for the verbs at the start it made my brain think. I learnt what a verb was.

No comments:

Post a Comment